[Zope] Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.0? Problems with Python module compilation and start script.

Benjamin Lian blian@mediahub.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 04:34:33 +0800

Hi Eric,

I too don't know why the Python module compilation should be running tests.

[Fellow newbie scratches his head.]

Well now, I eventually managed to install Python 2.1.1 and run the test
without failure. I therefore also built Zope 2.4.0 from the sources, being
careful to point it at the Python 2.1 executable.

As for the Monitor Server not starting, well the z2.py script sets the
monitor server port number to 0, so it shouldn't start anyway!

And I only just figured out why the init.d script (which I got from a
Zope-on-Redhat start-up script How-To) was hanging. The script in the How-To
did not run the Zope start script in the background!

So everything seems hunky dory for the time being! :)

Cheers,

/Ben