[Zope] Re: Multiple Selection with "Checkboxes":

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:40:11 +0200 (CEST)

I restricted your address list.

You have been a bit generous with the distribution.

Richard Bendit writes:
 > What i use is:
 >
 > 1. UpdateForm (DTML-Method)
 > 2. List_available_items (ZSQL-Method)
 >    "select ap_id,ap_docname from AliasPages where proj_id=<dtml-sqlvar
 > proj_id type=int>"
 > 3. List_selected_items (ZSQL-Method)
 >    "select ap_selection from Projects where proj_id=<dtml-sqlvar proj_id
 > type=int>"
 >
 > Problem: I want that the Checkboxes are "CHECKED" if "available_items" ==
 > "selected_items"
 >
 > I am not sure if my dtml is wrong or the sql-method:!
 > <dtml-in List_available_items>
 >       <input type=checkbox name=ap_selection:list value="<dtml-var
 > sequence-item>"
The value specifies what value is send to the server if the
checkbox is checked and the containing form submitted.
"List_available_items" returns (effectively) a sequence of
rows. This means "sequence-item" above is bound to such
a row. It is a bad value. It will
arrive as something like '<Record instance at XXXX>' at the server.
I am sure, you do not want this.

 > 		<dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set(selectedAP,_['sequence-item'])">
 > 		<dtml-in List_selected_items>
 > 			<dtml-if expr="_['sequence-item'] == selectedITEMS">
 > 				checked
 > 			</dtml-if>>
Again: "List_selected_items" returns a list of rows.
A row is not equal to a list...

Dieter