[Zope] (no subject)

Amr Malik aeamalik@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:11:13 -0700 (PDT)

Manisha, Welcome to Zope!

Along with Zope, you should download these 3 important docs:

   1. The Zope Book (DTML chapter for presentation,
                     ZopeScripting chapter for logic)
      http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/

      IMPORTANT: At least read thru this twice! this will help a loottt!!

   2. The Zope Developer's Guide
      http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG

   3. Dieter Maurer's excellent Book's CH3
      http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

Why you should use it? well check out the www.zope.org site for some intros.
Did I mention that Zope is evil! and once you're hooked there is no going
back!?! :) enough said!

Also, Once you have done the preliminary reading, check out SquishDot and what
it can do for you! There is a new version of it coming out (Swishdot) but I
wouldn't recommend playing with it at this juncture. To see how Squishdot can
be used for doing articles slashdot.org style, check out www.squishdot.org
and my site at http://www.tingoo.com/TingooTalk . Also there is good site for
writers at www.live2read.com, check that out too!

Hope this gets you started and good luck with your Zope adventure! :)

Best regards,

Amr Malik
[keywords: beginner, newbie, why zope]