[Zope] Zope & Php

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:39:36 +0200

Hi Jerry,

may be someone has written something like that.
To be frank, I would not recommend it.
Learning python isn't really so hard and you will see
how easy some things are if you get used to it.
You will then ask yourself, what the hell did you do
with this PHP thingy ;)

The other reason why people want this is to be able
to drop ready solutions into their site. I would
not recommend this either, because zope is very
different and either is does not work at all or
is very inefficient. I would recommend to reintegrate
it in the zope way. During this time you could
configure Apache to render all the PHP resources
for you while all other pages are rendered by zope.
(There is a howto somewhere on zope.org)

Regards
Tino

--On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2001 13:45 -0700 Jerry Lake <jerryl@europa.com>