[Zope] Zope 2.2.4 and Versions: big problems!?!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:49:58 +0200 (CEST)

Peter Bengtsson writes:
 > Was this Zope's "fault" or was it because you didn't know how to use the
 > Versions
 > OR Was It Because Versions Are Tricky To Use??
 >
 > I fear them a little bit too because I'm afraid of making misstakes, because
 > they imply a "new" way of working with your server as opposed to just
 > testing away in realtime.
I use versions regularly and did not meat problems up to now.

The only nasty thing:

  When you create an object in a Folder (or delete one), then
  the Folder gets locked. Colleagues cannot add objects
  (or delete one).

  That behaviour is understandable from how versions are implemented
  but not so nice for parallel development.

Otherwise, I did not have to change the way how to work with
the server.

Dieter