[Zope] precondition with File: Python Script does not work ?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:38:32 +0200

Hi,

--On Montag, 30. Juli 2001 09:41 +0000 greulen@freeler.nl wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a page with downloadable files and wish to count the
> downloads. I found a 'precondition'-option with the File object. This
> presummably calls the Method or Document specified before download
> wil start.
> The precondition is: counter_download(thefile='zip')

>From what I know precondition can only be the name of a method,
not method with calling args.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain
PS: if you want to count your downloads - why not using
a webanalyzer tool with your logs? Many updates in the
ZODB is a bit costy anless you are using non undoable storage.