[Zope] Hi All

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:34:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Tim Uckun wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> I am an absolute zope newbie and I just got id downloaded and installed.
> Although there were some error messages during the install it seems to be
> working ok. My main purpose in installing zope was to try out some of the
> products that come with zope like the CMF. I downloaded the CMF package and
> tried to follow the instructions on the zope.com web site and immediately
> got stuck. It says.
>
> Link (or copy/move) the CMF packages into $INSTANCE_HOME/Products. For
> instance:
> $ cd /var/zope/Products
> $ ln -s /usr/local/zope/CMF-1.1/CMF*
>

> Well I don't see a products directory anywhere. I see an extensions
> directory so I untarred it there but it still does not show up anywhere.
>
> What do I do next?
>
> P.S Red hat linux.
>

> :wq
> Tim Uckun
> US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
>   http://www.diligence.com/

Tim --

Nice to see a familiar face from the PostgreSQL list. Welcome.

$INSTANCE_HOME references to your Zope installation directory.
You'll want to unzip this into /var/zope/lib/python/Products,
or wherever your Zope install is. (Not sure where the RPMs start;
if they install in /usr/local/zope, then this would be
/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products).

Good luck w/Zope -- it's fantastic, and plays very nicely w/PG.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>