[Zope] I want to script in Python and not Zope-Python

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 22:55:54 -0500

tom smith wrote:

> >>  Is there any way to let python scripts to have access to all the bits and
> >> bobs I've got going with python, like MySQL (or Tk even) rather than have
> >> deal with python-in-zope.
> >
> > This is a question of security. You can't let Zope users use all aspects of
> > Zope.
>
> What if I'm the only zope authorer?  I fairly sure I can trust myself.
>
> >> ...And don't want to muck about with external methods. I want FULL python
> >> power within zope.
> >
> > To leverage the full power of Zope just use external methods. They allow to
> > write fully functional python applications which you can access from within
> > Zope.
>
> Hello?!  I don't want to use external methods.

Well Tom. I would suggest one of three choices.
1) Use something else instead of Zope (you will be using a lesser
tool though).
2) Rebuild your copy so it works the way you want (you have the
source).
3) Get used to external methods.

Personally, I picked # 3. <s>

--