[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 1.2

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:13:26 +0200

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:21:19AM -0700, Jason Cunliffe wrote:
> From: "Jerome Alet" <alet@unice.fr>
>
> > ZShell is the Swiss Army's Knife of the Zope Manager.
>
> I like it!
>
> & Thanks for the latest version.:-)
> FTP down over the weekend so not tested ZShell 1.2 yet :-(

I know, my Unversity's routers seem to be down almost every weekend...

> What are your plans for implementing .zsh .zrc?

Will come for 2.0 I think.

> Beyond ZShell's role as Zope manager's penknife, have you tried to use it ni
> DTML or Python Scripts as concise poweruser command? Zope programming with
> Zshell kinf of thing...?

Not yet, because of the bug some people have reported when calling
zshell from another method, passing it the commands to run.

Since I've not seen this bug myself, I can't easily solve it, so I've
currently disabled this code.

I hope it will work when ZShell Scripts will be available (I expect for 2.0)

bye,

Jerome Alet