[Zope] WEBDav Problem With ZClasses

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:45:07 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C0ED93.7112D950

I have two ZClasses, one with base class of CatalogAwareBase and
ZDTMLDocument, the other with base class of _ZClass_for_Renderable and
CatalogAwareBase.   ZInstances are created as expected, TTW.  However, =20
when I try to manage these ZInstances via a WEBDav client, the objects ar=
e not
visible.

My first thought was that this was a permission/roles mix-up.  When I loo=
ked at
the 'Define Permissions' tab for the ZClass, I was only given permission =
to add these
objects.  There was no way to add new permissions to either change, edit =
or delete
for the class.  I noticed that other classes (that I have successfully ma=
naged via WEBDav)
have 'change' permissions.

My question is ... is this the probable cause and if so how do I add a 'c=
hange' permission
for the class.

Or ...  is this a side effect of the class being based on CatalogAware?

I am quite stumped here so any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

EricGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.=
msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C0ED93.7112D950

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I have two ZCl=
asses, one with base class of CatalogAwareBase and<BR>ZDTMLDocument, the =
other with base class of _ZClass_for_Renderable and<BR>CatalogAwareBase.&=
nbsp; &nbsp;ZInstances are created as expected, TTW.&nbsp; However, </DIV=
> <DIV>when I try to manage these ZInstances via a WEBDav client, the&nbs=
p;objects are not</DIV> <DIV>visible.<BR></DIV> <DIV>My first thought was=
 that this was a permission/roles mix-up.&nbsp; When I looked at</DIV> <D=
IV>the 'Define Permissions' tab for the ZClass, I was only given permissi=
on to add these</DIV> <DIV>objects.&nbsp; There was no way to add new per=
missions to either change, edit or delete</DIV> <DIV>for the class.&nbsp;=
 I noticed that other classes (that I have successfully managed via WEBDa=
v)</DIV> <DIV>have 'change' permissions.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>My =
question is ... is this the probable cause and if so how do I add a 'chan=
ge' permission</DIV> <DIV>for the class.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Or =
...&nbsp; is this a side effect of the class being based on CatalogAware?=
</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I am quite stumped here so any advice would=
 be greatly appreciated...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks</DIV> <DIV=
rom the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C0ED93.7112D950--