[Zope] Sharing Database connections and/or methods between Zopes?

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:43:35 -0400

I have a database accessed with ODBC on one server (win2K) using just HTML
tools to get to it with a working application.  There are also other Zopes
on this server but not connecting to this database. I then have another
server, our primary site - in Zope, and I would like to get to the data on
the other server.

Attempts to just 'point' the ODBC DSN fail. Is there any way to have one
Zope's ZSQL methods point to another Zope's ZODBC connection? Or something
along those lines?

The regular data app will be moved to Zope but the time is not there right
now. Looking for a quick fix.

Would xml-rpc handle that? One Zope calling another Zope's ZSQL methods??

Thanks

Allen