[Zope] ??? IDIOT QUESTION QUOTA EXCEEDED ???

David McCuskey david.mccuskey@bigfoot.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:40:20 -0700

eric,

from what i've read before, there's a problem with the class hierarchy in
zope for 2.3.0. i ran into this problem, too.

search on zope-dev at http://www.nipltd.com/ for:
"broken ftp zclass put"

you'll have to read the small discussion, but it mentions the problem is
that the call to FTP PUT is actually inheriting that of WebDAV. not sure
why this would affect WebDAV as well... ???

hope this helps,
david

ps, might search for "put and factory" on the zope list. seems like
there's been discussion about a hookable PUT method. maybe taking a look
at that might help.

On 6/5/01, Eric enlightened me with: