[Zope] Sharing Database connections and/or methods between Zo pes?

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:18:07 -0400

Nope, sorry... I ALWAYS make sure they are SYSTEM DSNs that get created. I
removed and created and removed and created several times all with the same
results; and, all while logged on as administrator.

Thanks!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 10:18 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Sharing Database connections and/or methods between
Zopes?

[Schmidt]

> Seems like such a simple thing...
>
> I hate to say it, but it is MS Access 2000....have really had great luck
> with it using Zope. Not doing anything that would come anywhere to taxing
it
> and since ALL connectivity has been with ODBC it has served our purpose
very
> well.
>
> Access is NOT installed on either of the two Win2K servers...just using
the
> Access MDB driver that shows up in the ODBC setup panel. Could THIS be it?
> One server can SEE the other using mapped drives or UNC connections and
the
> ODBC DSN sets up happily without complaint. Don't think it is a Zope issue
> as I have used another method to try and access the DSN which points to
the
> DB on the other server. Same result...but with it, it shows the 'S1000'
ODBC
> error. So, thankfully, not a Zope issue.

I have one last thing to offer.  With ODBC, there are "user" DSN and
"system" DSN.  You want to be using a "system" DSN, but usually it's "user"
connections that get set up.  If your Access DSN is not a "system" type,
create one and test that.  Set it up when you are logged in as
Administrator.  I bet it will work.

Let us know how it works out, please.
Cheers,

Tom P