[Zope] I was wondfe

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:55:22 -0500

Yep, the docs still need some work, but part of the difficultie lies in
finding the right doc.  That's why we have the mailing list collective :)
Also, on the subject of live editing, did versions croak?  I thought you
could use them to avoid editing a live site.  Maybe he means using versions
inside Squishdot or zwiki -- anybody know if this works?
By saying the site isn't CVS'd, he means that he doesn't have a history of
changes to the site.  Obviously he hasn't seen the history tab -- it rocks!

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Gitte Wange [mailto:gitte@babytux.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 10:33 AM
To: Edward Muller; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] I was wondfe

On Wednesday 06 June 2001 18:30, Edward Muller wrote:
> I was wondering how many zopers maye have seen this thread.
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2001-May/msg00350.html

Wow we are famous :-)

Well some of the things that Owen Taylor says, are - unfortunately - true.
Zope isn't well documented.
The thing about live editing (but using CMF you have some moderators
accepting the content - but maybe this isn't what he means?)
What does he mean by "The site isn't in CVS"? Zope is "CVS'ed". There are
some CVS products for Zope.

Maybe someone should try to send him an email ?

Regards,
--
Gitte Wange Jensen

mail: gitte@babytux.dk