[Zope] How to Replicate Zope?

Paz paz@chello.nl
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:05:18 +0200

Thanks for the response Andy,

To answer your question for your own dev-notes for the next release (which
may be when? not to rush but... : )

There is only admin... me, myself and Jim Carey acting like an ass in the
background. I only have the single user for doing all the work. I made this
user with the zpasswd.py command into inituser.

So you are saying the bobobase_modification_time is something latched into
the Zope Object? So should you not be correct in assuming that it is in
every object? or...

The fact that I have some non-zope added objects that were ftp'd in via
ZFTP? I've put in all DTML Docs (.html and .smil) I'll try a test to see if
deleting them does the trick. But otherwise, should I be searching and
looking to put in these bobobase_mod_times into each object?

Thanks,
Paz

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Andy
McKay
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 5:40 PM
To: Paul Zwarts
Cc: Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] How to Replicate Zope?

> I also want to say that ZSyncer is a good product.

Thanks.

> It worked for a while until it started giving Authorization problems. One
> after another. Like I dont know my own password : S

Hmmm... I havent had Authorization change on me like that. Thats strange,
basically it does Basic Auth and also checks that the parent folder has the
right to delete and import.  The only reason I could see it doing that is if
it is somehow getting confused in the Auth. Did you sync around any new user
schemes?

> Fault
> <Fault -1: 'Unexpected Zope exception: bobobase_modification_time'>

Ah, I had naiveley assumed all objects would have a
bobobase_modification_time. Perhaps that isnt the case? I will fix that for
the next release. That error occurs when it is calculating the object
information for your destination Zope.

Another problem that has cropped up is with products that override
traversal...

Oh well thats why I released it, thanks for trying.

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.