[Zope] Several domains and one Zope

zbir@urbanape.com zbir@urbanape.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:31:48 -0400

For what it's worth, I've got four domains handled by two Zope SiteRoots:

  http://www.urbanape.com/ \
  http://www.urbanape.org/ /

  http://www.princesscrankypants.com/ \
                                       > http://www.princesscrankypants.com:8280/princesscrankypants/
  http://www.princesscrankypants.org/ /

Now, there's nothing there, right now ( 'cept a logo ), but I've got all
the pieces in place. I've got the four domains set up as virtual hosts in
apache, using ProxyPass to dump each pair into the appropriate Zope
folder ( which contains a SiteRoot for the .com of the pair ). If I ever
need to get in to administer from the top down, I can just go to the ip
address + port and get in at the real root level.

Granted, it doesn't take advantage of native Zope products ( which would
probably be a little cleaner ), but it's extensible enough that I could
add more domains quickly and easily. As they're personal sites, I don't
really concern myself with the reliability/robustness of the setup. YMMV.

Zac

$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.353.3742";                 $web="http://www.urbanape.com";