[Zope] Upgrade from Zope 2.2 to Zope 2.3

Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:08:05 -0700

Whoever the Debian maintainer is for Zope, they are very good about recency.
You can get 2.3.2 plust the latest hostfix by doing an 'apt-get install
zope' from unstable or testing; it's been this way since about a week after
2.3.2 was available.  Not too bad... I don't know of any issues with this
setup on Debian; I am running it right now on about half-a-dozen boxes.

The ONLY issue I have found is that I cannot get it to reliably work as a
ZEO storage server (this was only on Debian SPARC - I had no problems on
Intel); I downloaded the source install for that on my Sun server, and have
no problems running 2.3.2 from the deb as a ZEO client.  If you are not
using ZEO, than pay no attention to my rambling...

Upgrading from 2.2 may create some other issues, however, that I have not
dealt with.  My guess is, though, there would be no issues particular to
Debian upgrade.  The "apt-get install zope" from unstable/testing should
work just fine, without being disruptive toward your current install data or
installed products...

Good luck,
Sean