[Zope] setting 'arguments' string dynamically in a ZSQL method

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:37:48 +0200

Hi Chas,

why not trying this:
(assuming three hardcoded parameters)

<dtml-in "YourSQLMethod(param1=3Dvalue1,param2=3Dvalue2,param3=3DNone)">

and another time:

<dtml-in "YourSQLMethod(param1=3Dvalue5,param2=3D_['variable10'],param3=3D=
value4)">

with something like this in your ZSQLMethod:

params:
param1, param2, param3

sql (warning untested):
<dtml-if "param3!=3D'None'">
select * from foo where .....=20
<dtml-else>
select * from bar where ....
</dtml-if>

**and** set the advanced setting " max rows retreived " to 0 (zero) to st=
op=20
the ZSQLMethod from appending SQL code to your statement dynamically.

- Holger

Am Freitag,  8. Juni 2001 11:58 schrieb Chas Wareing:
> I've been spending way too much time on this--
>
> I'd like to set the 'arguments' string while calling a ZSQL method
> instead of hardcoding it on the method- my variable names are dynamic
>
> a namespace hack or zsql product patch would be appreciated-
>
> I'm using this for a generic/reusable qryInsert object-
>
> Chas. <c3w@ISP.NET>
> ISP Networks, Inc.

--=20
-----------------------------------