[Zope] More ZSyncer stuff

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:47:13 +0200

Hi Andy,

I hope you dont mind the emails.. I'm basically sending you my brainstream
about your timesaving product

Two suggestions:
1) Have a 'ignore' status for each item, with a grey box. That way certain
items will never be compared in the XMLRPC stream and are safe.

2) Is it possible to check that an object is a product and a product that
would not allow transfer, such as SQLSession object.

Things I've noticed:

3) An Authorization request is thrown when trying sync apparently
non-syncable objects (my SQLSession objects). I tried using a
manageinterface added user and it had no difference than superuser in
inituser. The Authentication is an impossible one because it doesnt accept
the correct password and then after 3 tries you get the gratuitous page

4) Sometimes in root, a folder will be green, but you know there are
contents that are not. Go into that folder and you have some items that are
yellow.

5) Sometimes in a folder, EVERYTHING is yellow (out of date) when you know
only one is. This is SCARING the shit out of me because i work on a site
that has a folder which does credit transactions... Not knowing what is
going on there is dangerous. If you update the object anyways, what happens
I wonder?

Hope this helps you, I'll continue to send my notes if you want them...
Paz