[Zope] Re: FSSession trouble

pavlos@gaaros.com pavlos@gaaros.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:22:46 GMT

Peter Bengtsson writes:

> Did you see what happened?? I lost a variable I managed to set as a cookie
> when calling the FSSession object again towards the bottom!
> Why this? How to prevent it?
>
> What I do in reality (the above pseudo) is that in standard_html_header I
> call the FSSession object and then use it to display custom Stylesheets.
> Then I call the FSSession object again to use it in standard_html_footer to
> use it to display different footers.
>
> The <dtml-call FSSession> is vital to be able to begin to use it, but why
> isn't it enough just to do it once in standard_html_header in a code like
> this:
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <h1>A Page</h1>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> One simple alternative is to set a REQUEST variable in standard_html_header
> and use that instead of using the object in the standard_html_footer

Hello Peter

You are supposed to call FSSession only once which initializes it for the
whole transaction. Just don't call it again in 'standard_html_footer'.
FSsession commits its data at the end of the transaction. By calling it
again in 'standard_html_footer' you force it to reread its data before it
had the chance to commit its old state.

Let me know if it works. Maybe I should ignore additional calls to FSSession
if they occur in the same transaction.

Pavlos

PS I am no longer on the 'zope' list so continue emailing me directly if you
still have problems.