[Zope] PAM + ZOPE

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:31:56 +0200

> I just trying to figure out if PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) +
Zope
> is working. I am especially interested in the combination with LDAP.
> Anybody tried this already?

We are using SuSE email Server II, which uses LDAP-based authentication with
PAM and also manages the users of the IMAP server via the LDAP directory. It
was quite straightforward to use LDAPUserFolder with this. Just point to the
right LDAP tree, and off you go! I guess it is much more complicated to get
the other things (LDAP and PAM) running than to plug Zope in ...

I don'T know anything about using unix-style password files with Zope, but
LDAP is the better choice anyway.

Cheers

Joachim