[Zope] Browsers Differences Again

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:38:11 -0500

Someone emailed me (bashing my demo) about
http://www.freepm.org:8080/FreePM/scheduling

not working.

It worked fine with NS (we try to test with IE too, but it's so
painful <s>).

Anyway, I discovered that this code in the index_html (a DTML
Method):
------------------------------------
</head>

<dtml-let this_year="_.DateTime().year()">

<frameset rows="50,*" marginheight="2">
  <frame src="menu" name="sched_menu">
    <frame src="<dtml-var this_year>" name="sched_main">
  </frameset>
</frameset>

</dtml-let>

<NOFRAMES>
FreePM requires a frames capable browser for proper operation.
</NOFRAMES>

---------------------------------

Didn't work in IE, but does in NS. this_year resolves to a OFS
Folder ID.

If I explicitly point the frame sources like this it works fine
in both browsers:
  <frame src="/FreePM/scheduling/menu" name="sched_menu">
  <frame src="/FreePM/scheduling/<dtml-var this_year>/index_html"
name="sched_main">

BTW: the error was Not Found in both frames.

Why does IE not resolve those objects correctly?

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126