[Zope] Which verson of python?

Karl Munroe komunroe@uwimona.edu.jm
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:55:09 -0800

We are now back to using "Zope-2.3.2-linux2-x86.tgz" from zope.org.

Which version of python will the "./install " use 1.5.2 or 2.0?
Which version of python should we use and how (how do we get it install with
the right version of python).

We are using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 which comes with Python 2.0.

Thanks.

Karl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Crawley [mailto:chad@sidhe.yi.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 11:00 AM
To: Karl Munroe
Subject: Re: [Zope] Help with the rpm

I'm also running Linux-Mandrake 8.0, and I've had better luck with a
source install.  The RPM comes with a built-in version of Python 1.5.2,
so Zope ignores the standard Python 2.0 install unless you build it
yourself.

If you are interested, I put a copy of my current startup script at
http://sidhe.yi.org/chad/misc/zope .  To use it, edit the INSTANCE_HOME
variable to use the correct path on your system and copy the file to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/zope .

--
Chad Crawley