[Zope] Starting zope automatically on Linux Mandrake 8.0

Karl Munroe komunroe@uwimona.edu.jm
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:06:19 -0800

I have one for all you linux gurus,

I recently installed Zope 2.3.2 after much headache..finally it work that to
help from Chad Crawley.

I have a problem with linuxconf picking up the zope script from
/etc/rc.d/init/d. The file exists and it has execute permissions. I can :
./zope {start|restart|etc..} form the command line. However, when I try to
restart the zope server from linuxconf it does not report it as a service
and zope does not start automatically when the server is rebooted.

Is there a special script editor to use?? Or can I just use pico to edit the
text in the script? Do i need to include the infomation to start zope
automatically anywhere else?? Does anyone have a pdf on how to write the
scripts???

Thanx in advance,
Karl Munroe

P.S. The How-to Start zope on linus Redhat did not work for me on Linux
Mandrake