[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Zope Apache and Streaming

Ragnar Beer rbeer@uni-goettingen.de
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:34:21 +0200

>Hi there,
>
>The last time if have tested Streaming with Zope and found out, that
>streaming only works if i call my Stream directly from Zope like,
>http://www.foo.com:8080/stream.
>The problem is, that there is Apache running at port 80, and my SysAdmin
>kills me if i kill the Apache and let Zope run on Port 80.
>Now ist there a way to stream Data from Zope through Apache, which means
>that a can call my stream like
>http://www.foo.com/zope/stream.
>I'am working with RESPONSE.write to stream data to the client.
>
>Can anyone help to solve this problem ??
>
>thanks as

The last time I tried to use Zope for streaming the first thing I did
was to test what happens under load. It was terrible with the default
7 threads and got better when I increased the number of threads. But
it never was what I was hoping it would be so I went to mod_python
(for streaming only) and it was much faster.

Ragnar