[Zope] ZShellCLI and potential external method problem in Zope 2.3.2

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:14:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I've tried to run Andy McKay's ZShellCLI, and all I can say is:

	It's Very Nice ! (tm)

However before running it successfully I encountered a problem, because he
had modified my ZShell external method to add a parameter to it and Zope
seemed to be unable to detect this modification even when restarting it
(tried several times).

In fact I just replaced my zshell.py file with his one and restarted Zope,
but this didn't work because I always received 'too many parameters'
errors.

I had to delete the ZShell external method from the ZMI, then recreate it
and it worked fine then.

is it normal ?

Is it a known Zope (2.3.2) problem ?

thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE