[Zope] NewB Qs: Classification advice please + many2many relationships

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:38:56 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?q?Felix=20Ulrich?= writes:
 > My question is: how should I classify my objects, and
 > once I've done that, how do I maintain many-to-many
 > relationships, e.g. all the Events happening at
 > Business X?
I can not answer your first question.

But the second is simple.

   Many-to-many relationsships are a bit difficult in
   RDB because the data types are all atomic, no lists
   or other aggregates (this changed with SQL 3).
   In Zope, you can have list valued properties.

   I would use any of the list value property types
   (tokens, list) to make the classification.

   Then I would use a ZCatalog's keyword index to
   search for related objects based on this classification.

Dieter