[Zope] SiteRule

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:33:56 +0200

Greetings,

1) How can I use SiteRules to redirect a page access?

Scenario

/download
  SiteRule
  LocalFSObject
  getInfo - DMTL doc

A user goes to LocalFSObject and the SiteRule will check REQUEST for
something, if it is present it will allow access of LocalFSOBject otherwise
send the user to getInfo....

Is this possible and is there a URL to some example code?

2) It seems to me that SiteRules are some magic outside of influencing the
page that was actually called in the SiteRule's folder. For instance, text
is not returned to the page (which is expected as a pre-process rule), but
much to my chagrin I cannot set Session variables, which would be a totally
logical place to do so. Why is this?

Thanks very much,
Paz