[Zope] How-to develop a folderish product?

Rene Pijlman rpijlman@wanadoo.nl
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:01:58 +0200

Hello,

I've just studied the "Python Product Development Tutorial"
(http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/PythonProductTutorial). This shows =
how
to develop a Python-based product with a non-folderish object. I've manag=
ed
to develop mij own non-folderish object this way.

Now I'd like to learn how to develop a folderish object (again,
Python-based). Can someone please provide some guidance? Is there a
how-to/tutorial for folderish products as well? Or is it not that differe=
nt?

A practical question about folderish objects: Should it inherit from Fold=
er
or ObjectManager directly? Should it still inherit from
OFS.SimpleItem.(Simple)Item?

TIA,
Ren=E9 Pijlman