[Zope] Apache + ZServer: Excluding some URLS from a ProxyPass

Peter Hernberg petehern@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

I know this more of an Apache question than a Zope question, but I figured Zope
folk were most likely know the answer

Here's the situation: I'm moving our website to Zope, but there are some old CGI
scripts we still need. Reading the howtos, it seem like the best way to this is
with ProxyPass. What I'd like to is something like

ProxyPass / http://www.oursite.com:9673/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.oursite.com:9673/

But somehow I'd like http://www.oursite.com/survey.cgi to bypass this rule
untouched.

The best way I could think of to do this would be to something like

DirectoryIndex index_html
ProxyPass /index_html http://www.oursite.com:9673/
ProxyPassReverse /index_html http://www.oursite.com:9673/

And then forward the individual directories as well:

ProxyPass /stuff http://www.oursite.com:9673/stuff
ProxyPassReverse /stuff http://www.oursite.com:9673/stuff
ProxyPass /morestuff http://www.oursite.com:9673/morestuff
ProxyPassReverse /morestuff http://www.oursite.com:9673/morestuff

Sadly, this doesn't work (requests for http://www.oursite.com/ return apache's
listing of the / directory, although requests for
http://www.oursite.com/index_html work fine (see
http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/3596 for the only discussion I could find
on the subject)). Is there some way to get Apache to transparently forward all
requests except requests for those certain CGI scripts requests to the Zope
website? Maybe some mod_rewrite rule?

=====
Peter Hernberg
SUNY Potsdam's most illegible bachelor

"You must pass this message on in the next 72 hours or you will have bad luck. This mantra will come true even if you aren't superstitious!!!!" --from a forwarded email