[Zope] roles & permissions newbie question

Albert Ting alt@sonic.net
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:47:54 -0700

I know this has been done, but I don't know how to do it myself.  I'm
trying to write a html page where some parts gets displayed only if the
user has logged in.  If the person is not logged in, it should display some
generic text, with perhaps a "login" button somewhere.  I'm also trying to
do this from an external method.

For one thing, I'm not sure if I need to add another role or another
permission.  I can't seem to be able to add another permission, I only see
the ability to add a user role.  So I tried that, and used
SecurityManager.validate().  But it forces you to login, whereas I want a
more passive approach.

Thanks,
Albert