[Zope] Uploading photos into an SQL database

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud@xs4all.nl
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:19:49 +0200 (CEST)

> ...Never mind the why. The photo data (small - 80kb JPEGs) has to go
> into the PostgresSQL database. I'm using something like this:

OK, I dont ask *why*, but I decided I put only metadata about photos, PDF's
and other binary stuff in my database, and the binary stuff itself in the
ZODB. Thats a lot less headaches for me...

(in my opinion, a RDBMS is usefull for combining large tables of small
rows. binary large objects are not really usefull to put in there. Of
course I do not now the requirements of your project and you asked not to
ask :-)

Reinoud