[Zope] Netscape POST Problem - Illustration

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:52:41 -0400

[Dieter Maurer]

> I work extensively with Netscape 4.7, under Linux.
> I do lots of "POST" (e.g. in the ZMI) and never saw this
> behaviour (just tried your example, works perfect).

OK, good data point.

> Under Windows, I use IE. I hate it to say, but it is better than
> Netscape 4....
> But colleagues (and customers) use Netscape and I never heard
> of such behaviour.

I agree, IE is much better.  I think that earlier NS 4.xx versions didn't
have this problem.  I used to run 4.05 (I think it was) and never ran into
it.  But 90% of the people in my company run NS 4.73 on Windows, and there's
lots more people out there who do, too (some higher version of NS 4,
anyway).

Hmm, I don't have trouble with the ZMI using NS.  That seems to confuse the
issue!
Too bad you can't hit my site to try my example, but it's behind a firewall.
I have a old Linux box that I might be able to get working next week.  If
so, I'll point it at this test page and see.

Cheers,

Tom P