[Zope] Installing both 2.3.3 and 2.4b1 on one win2k machine?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:35:56 -0400

I would like to add an instance of Zope 2.4b1 to my development machine
running Zope 2.3.3 under Windows 2000. The 2.3.3 installation directory
is "C:\program files\Zope1", I'd like 2.4b1 to be "Zope2"

Zope 2.3.3 is set to start as a service, so I presume the 2.4 Win32
auto-installer will cause a conflict or overwrite the 2.3.3 service if I
chose it to be a service. I would prefer that the 2.4b1 ran on demand
(non-service) for at least the beta releases; then when 2.4rc1 arrives,
I'd revert to 2.3.3 as the on-demand copy for working with modules that
haven't been upgraded to work with 2.4 yet.

Again, this is very much a non-production machine, I'm just playing
around with Zope at this point. What difficulties am I going to run into
to get this set up?