[Zope] A tale of two systems....

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 09:52:36 +0200

Hi Michael,
tough its Sunday and you are probably in church and not able to read this
answer here is what I did the other day:

Software needed:
- python 1.5 http://www.python.org/1.5/
- distutils http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/download.html
- MySQLdb http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/MySQLdb
- ZMySQLDA http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA
- Visual Studio or any other C++ compiler (have done it only with VS)

- If you have no Python yet installed next to the one in zope do so. This
might not be necessary. Maybe distutils can also be use with Zope's python
installation. I just have not done so.
- Install the distutils. If you have more than one version of Python
installed you will be asked into which one.
- Install MySQLdb. A directory MySQL-python-0.9.0 will be created. Change to
it.
- load _mysql.c into an editor. Delete all \n between line 193 and line 211.
(otherwise VS generates a ton of errors)
- Issue the command python setup.py build. Make sure the Python V1.5.2 is
called! If not add path to the command line.
- Issue the command python setup.py install --prefix k:\Programmme\Zope
where the Prefix must point to your Zope installation.
- Install ZMySQLDA

That's it.

If you have a question, I am happy to try to answer.

Robert