[Zope] Strange error ([Errno 5] Input/output error)

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:38:18 +0200

> From: Max Møller Rasmussen [mailto:maxm@normik.dk]

> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 5] Input/output error

/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZLogger/stupi
> dFileLogger.py
> , line 151, in stupid_log_write
> IOError: (see above)

Oh ... I just stumbled over the below in the archives:

So apparantly I need to set a $STUPID_LOG_FILE. Any info as to where I can
do this?

Regards Max M

"Chris McDonough"
 05/14 07:45 PM

Oh wait.  Damn.  I had this conversation last week.  ;-)

You're starting Zope through something like this:

./start &

You then close the terminal window, and Zope's controlling terminal
disappears.... Zope is trying to send output to stdout, but stdout is gone.
You get the IOError.

Instead of starting Zope this way, start Zope from a terminal that doesn't
get closed.

OK, thanks Garry...  I'm going to treat this as an isolated error, where
the solution is to not close the terminal window after you do "./start
&" or alternately to use "nohup ./start &".