[Zope] A tale of two systems....

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:05:53 -0400

[Michael Sullivan]

> Is there an up-to-date, cogent, step by step
> information on hooking
> up a MySQL database to Zope in Windows?

 Not quite what you asked for, but get the mySQL ODBC driver working, then
you don't have to do anything specific about mySQL within Zope, just us a
Zope ODBC data source and you'll be all set.

I use ODBC to get Zope talking to SQLAnywhere, Access, Interbase, and
(previously) mySQL.  The only hitch I've had is that sometimes you have to
set up the connect string manually and sometimes the one in the ODBC setup
works, so just experiment.  Otherwise, it works well.

Cheers,

Tom P