[Zope] skip_unautorized is based on what permission?

Jean Lagarde jean.lagarde@eer-rc.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:44:06 -0700

Good day,

I was hoping to be able to simply control what buttons get displayed on a
form, depending on user roles, by using the skip_unauthorized attribute of
dtml-in. I have not been able to make it work so far, so I would appreciate
some help.

The dtml-in statement is:

<dtml-in "problemTable.objectItems('formButton')" skip_unauthorized>

where formButton is a ZClass I defined. I would like to restrict permissions
to some of my buttons to certain roles, so that they only get displayed when
the user has the relevant role. I thought that using skip_unauthorized would
be easier than adding tests on the user in my own code (why add more code if
built-in facilities can do what I need). I have tried to change the 'View'
and the 'Access contents information' permissions for my button objects, but
neither does what I would hope. 'Access contents information' seems to do
nothing at all, and 'View' pops the login panel, which I assumes happens
within the body of the dtml-in. I can't see what other permission to change
within the available list, to make dtml-in skip the object. Any clue?

Cheers,

Jean