[Zope] Z Oracle Database Connections

John Wormington jwormington@pointone.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:47:38 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Broytmann [mailto:phd@phd.fep.ru]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 10:31 AM
To: John Wormington
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] Z Oracle Database Connections

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, John Wormington wrote:
> BadRequest: <strong>Invalid connection string:
> </strong><CODE>username/password@server</CODE><br>
>
> OracleError
> (12154, 'ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name')
> ********************************
>
> Now by looking at it I initially thought that it was an oracle problem.
> However out oracle admin showed me that she could log into that same box
and
> use sqlplus and get data back.  I have to now look into how to trouble
shoot
> either ZOracleDA or DCOracle.  Has anyone ran into these Database
Connection
> strings suddenly failing?

   To start debugging the problem, wrote a simple Python program and try to
connect to the server. Something like this:

**edit, all greek to me**

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru

Hate to admit to this but I am not very keen on python so you will have to
forgive me.  I could not follow the simple Python program you sent me.
However, I did do some research and found out a little bit about DCOracle.
There is a test script included called DCOracle_test.py that tests the
extensions.
Forgive me if I am being overly simplistic but I am trying my best.  We have
a ZEO server that runs two client servers and a balance server.  In the
ZEO/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA/src/ there is the DCOracle_test.py script.
When I test using it I see the following:

Import Succeeded
Connect Succeeded

That means that it is working but that does not solve my problem.  When I go
and look at the manage interface for the server the connection is still
closed and errors out on trying to open the connection.  Have any other
ideas on how to trouble shoot this?