[Zope] Want to Build Bulletin Board for Local Events

Bill Bell bill-bell@bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:33:51 -0400

I am an experienced software developer who is new to Zope.

I live in a rural community. As a public service I'd like to build a site
that is capable of accepting short notices about upcoming events
such as theatre performances, tavern gigs, church suppers, etc
and then of displaying them using either a calendar page interface
or scrolling list. One of the many reasons that Zope appeals to me
is that it seems to make it relatively easy to make it possible for
others to post these items themselves. Or, IOW, I can't afford to
spend time entering all of these events myself.

I don't want to have to learn everything before I do something--if you
know what I mean. OTOH I would like to master a substantial part
of Zope over the next few months. Would someone be willing to
suggest one or two places where I can download Zope systems
somewhat like what I want for study and adaptation?

Thanks for any help!

Bill