[Zope] index_html, method or doc?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:10:48 -0400

I think that the previous posts on this subject have mixed up two different
thoughts, and I would like to clearly separate them.

1) Should index_html BE a DHTML document or should it be a DHTM  method?

2) Should index_html USE DHTML methods?

On number 1) it needs to be a document, not a method.  It will be requested
from a browser and needs to have its own context, including the REQUEST and
so on, so it needs to be a document.

On number 2), index_html may very well use DHTM methods as a convenience to
avoid cramming all the code into one page, which would also prevent any
reuse of that code.

Jan Sew, does this answer your question?

Cheers,

Tom P