[Zope] Python Path?

Etienne Labuschagne ELabuschagne@gims.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:29:02 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0FFE7.0F512BC0

Hi all

After installing more than one Zope on my machine I noticed the following:
The one installation's Python path also appears in the other installation's.
Is there an easy way to make sure that a Zope installation acts as if it was
installed on a clean machine without Python?  I would like to have an
installation like that since I have been surprised previously by import
errors etc. when installing Zope on a client's machine and (wrongly)
thinking that I had all the modules at hand, only to find out the
installation only worked on my machine due to another Zope having a specific
module on the sys.path.

I know I can hard-code sys.path in the z2.py file, but it doesn't feel that
elegant to me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Etienne

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0FFE7.0F512BC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Python Path?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi all</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">After installing more than one Zope on =
my machine I noticed the following:&nbsp; The one installation's Python =
path also appears in the other installation's.&nbsp; Is there an easy =
way to make sure that a Zope installation acts as if it was installed =
on a clean machine without Python?&nbsp; I would like to have an =
installation like that since I have been surprised previously by import =
errors etc. when installing Zope on a client's machine and (wrongly) =
thinking that I had all the modules at hand, only to find out the =
installation only worked on my machine due to another Zope having a =
specific module on the sys.path.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I know I can hard-code sys.path in the =
z2.py file, but it doesn't feel that elegant to me.&nbsp; Any =
suggestions?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Etienne</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0FFE7.0F512BC0--