[Zope] How do you track if somebody leaves your site..?

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:21:23 +0200

StoonsDesign wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how to track if someone "leaves" the Zopeserver..?

The only way to do it I know of is putting a small self-reloading gif
in standard-html-header and track that. If it stops reloading itself
you can assume that the user has closed your page.

OTOH it seems quite irresponsible thing towards web to do asi it creates
unneccessary traffic. It also could be nonworkable if user has turned of

Hannu