[Zope] User home directories

Craig Dunigan Craig Dunigan <craig.dunigan@esker.com>
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:31:18 -0600 (CST)

Phil - Thanks so much for the script sample!  I've been planning to do exactly
that, for the same reason as Joel (lots of users, all to go online at the
same time).  Now I don't have to search the docs for a starting point -
thanks!

Joel - I understand the preference for the Owner role, but I'm actually
using home-grown user folders, and the local Manager role works better for
us.  I thought it might for you too, but I guess not.  We use a home-grown
xmlrpc client (thanks to Marty Stitt, who recently left our company, if
he's still reading this list, you're brilliant!) to synchronize users
local trees with their remote trees, and don't give them access to the
Zope management interface at all, so we probably don't have the same
concerns about the Manager role as you.

Anyway, I'm glad my early attempt at giving something back didn't go too
far awry, even if it wasn't all that helpful.  :-)

Craig