[Zope] Splitter woes

Aleksander Salwa ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:50:19 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Oleg Broytmann writes:
>  > So I tried to catalog a production
>  > service. It worked, but didn't do searches with russian letters, where on
>  > debugging host it searched russian texts well.
>  > ...
>  >    Before installing VKSplitter on a production server (FreeBSD) I want to
>  > ask
> A long time ago (at least 6 to 12 months), I helped someone
> with a similar problem. Apparently, the "locale" code under
> FreeBSD is not correct.

It was me.
There was a bug in Splitter.c. But now it is solved (casting to 'unsigned
char' before calling character classification routines from <ctype.h> -
without this cast it worked on Linux but not on FreeBSD).
It was fixed a long time ago. Now it works fine for me. I use FreeBSD 3.5.
My locale string is "pl_PL.ISO_8859-2". Zope 2.2.4.

ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl, oleks@helper.pl, ICQ#: 108588073
                  (c) All rights reversed