[Zope] Tree tag and namespaces

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:44:37 +0100

In July of last year, Charlie Wilkinson had the same question as I have
now:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/528BD6EFC503F1D5

He wanted to write an own dtml method for the tree tag which returns a
user specified list of objects. He had the problem that calling that
method with the tree tag always raised an attribute error about REQUEST.

Rik Hoekstra found a workaround for that:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/2F50BD09CCEB1C9F

This did not really work.

Dieter Maurer added:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/C880B00E8C179B6D

where he uses an own local namespace. So REQUEST is banned.
But you urgently have to use objectValues or something, and that raises
the same error!

Dieter Maurer again added a few days later:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/B46903B14D856E23

>Almost surely, your problem results from the fact
>that "dtml-tree" does not expect "branches" to be
>a DTML method and does not pass a namespace to it.

>I do not know, how you can avoid this (other than
>changing the "dtml-tree" code.

In the mean time, does anybody have a workaround for that, please?

Or do I necessarily have to use Python?

Thanks!

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de          TTTTTT