[Zope] Paradox and zodbcda

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:06:30 -0600

I don't know Paradox, but you might want to turn on error logging to help
you.  In WindowsNT, I select Data sources(ODBC32) under the control panel.
Then, look at the tracing tab.  That will let you turn it on.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans de Wit [mailto:hw@scp.nl]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 10:56 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Paradox and zodbcda

Hello,

I am having problems with a Paradox database that is connected via odbc and
the zodbcda
into Zope. I tried it on two machines now and after a day or two the
connection doesn't
work anymore and i cann't revive it. Has anybody experience with connecting
Paradox
databases via ODBC into Zope (and give a hint).

The symptoms are:
When you test the database connection with a very simple SQL query:
select * from atable

The first time it gives back (this is my english translation of the dutch
error message,
stuurprogramma = driver / driverprogram?)

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('S1093', -1003, '[Microsoft][ODBC Paradox-driverprogram]
Invalid argument.')

The second time that you issue the test it sends:
Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('24000', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC-driverprogrammanagement] Invalid

cursorstatus')

Before i started the test the first time i was able to browse the database.
All tables
were shown. After the first test not anymore.

Probably this is not a Zope error. The error messag is in dutch and Zope is
in english.
The messages hint that the problem is somewhere else.
I was able to connect to the odbc source via Excel, even after the testing.

Thanks

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans de Wit

h.de.wit@scp.nl