[Zope] sendmail problem

Harald Scheirich scheirich@nulleins.at
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:14:17 +0100

I have tried several versions with the help of Henry, basically
looking like this

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
This is the <dtml-var id> Document.
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
<dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost">
To: scheirich@nulleins.at
From: test@www.nulleins.at
Subject: Tester

asdkjasdlkjasdjkaslkd
asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasd
</dtml-sendmail>

Also tried editing via FTP i put in different lineending
combiniations (UNIX, DOS, MAC) i don't know if they get translated
inside zope, nothing works though.

calling the MailHost directly like this

<dtml-call
"Mailhost.send('xxxxxxx','scheirich@nulleins.at','test@nulleins.at','This
is a test')">

works, so all the security settings are correct. Even though it
doesnt make me happy i can live with this solution for now. I still
would like to know what is wrong. Is it a bug?  My guess ist that the
content of the <dtml-sendmail> tag is not being parsed, why i don't
know.

As a general question how would i go about to debug the code in Zope
itself is there a "good" way or just put in trace messages and look
at the log

Harald