[Zope] From POST to GET

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:09:29 -0000

You are missing the point I'm afraid.
I'm processing POSTed variables and all of a sudden I decide that I want to
GET somewhere else using a RESPONSE.redirect(sompage?cgi=querystring)
statement.
Do the RESPONSE.redirect whilst processing the POST data causes the
RESPONSE.redirect to act a POST. This is clear if I look at the Z2.log which
shows something like this:
 "POST /somepage?cgi=querystring HTTP/1.1"

If I skip that redirect thing and replace it with a ugly hyperlink the
request is stored in the log lik this:
 "GET /somepage?cgi=querystring HTTP/1.1"

See the difference and the problem?
I want my RESPONSE.redirect to act like a GET request like a hyperlink does.

Peter

> Couldn't you just put them into the Post as hidden form fields, or am I
> missing the point again?
>
> <input type="hidden" name="errmsg" value="Username Empty">
>
> for example.
>

> On Monday 05 March 2001  9:19 pm, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> > Problem is this.
> > I POST a form to a page called process_html.
> >
> > Inside process I do some validation on posted variables.
> > If i find that something is wrong I want to complain by sending the user
> > bad_input_html?errmsg=Username%20Empty (which is a GET request in
theory).
> > What happens is that the redirect is a mix of GET and POST. It is a pure
> > POST request, but the querystring is picked up as well.
> >
> > Truth is that this works fine in Internet Explorer, but it fails on the
UK