[Zope] javascript space separated text

Takashi Veikko Linzbichler takashi.linzbichler@smartferret.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:22:26 +0100

Hi,

Alex Finck wrote:

> I am currently trying to pass a parameter to a dtml document
> from a source dtml document which contains a javascript method
> which in turn does the parameter passing.
>
> The parameter I am trying to pass is a string entered by the
> user. Everything is fine when the parameter is one single word
> but when the user enters a space inside the string, everything
> changes. I get in the recipient dtml document only the first
> word, no matter what I try.
>
> I tried using a simple form, submitted without javascript and it
> works all well: I get all the space separated string. So here is
> my question: is that a bug or something?

I remember having a similar poblem some time ago with JavaScript and
PHP.
Just replaced the spaces with '+' (guess it's some sort of URLencoding).
At least PHP converted this automatically back into spaces.

hth
	ta

smartferret it-consulting Dipl.-Ing. Linzbichler KEG

Dipl.-Ing. Takashi Veikko Linzbichler
Tannhofweg 28/3
A-8044 Graz, Austria

Tel.:   0316 / 39 89 40 -0